Lamb/chicken Achar Gosht recipe:
|Achar Gosht (lamb pickle curry)|
- Mutton/chicken (small pieces) 1 kg
- Yogurt 1/2 kg
- Onion 2 (medium, sliced)
- Tomato 4 (medium, peeled)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli powder 2 tsp (or to taste)
- Salt - to taste
- Cooking oil 1/2 cup
Grind the below spices:
- Kalonji (black seed) 1 tsp
- Saunf 3 tbsp
- Cumin (Zeera) 2 tsp
- Black cumin (black/shahi zeera) 1 tsp
- Fenugreek (methi dana) 2 tsp
- mustard seeds (rai) 2 tsp
- Marinate meat/chicken with ginger, garlic, chilli powder, salt and yogurt for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add marinated meat/chicken and fry for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add grinded spices and salt and keep frying for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add sufficient water, cook on low heat till meat is tender.
- If there is still some water let it dry on high flame and serve achaar gosht.