Doner Kebab are very popular in Europe specially in Muslims looking for Halal food and are mainly made by Turkish people that's why they are called Turkish Doner Kebab. Below is the recipe that you can try at home:
plain flour 1 tsp
dried oregano 1 tsp
dried Italian herbs 1/2 tsp
garlic powder 1/2 tsp
onion powder 1/2 tsp
Cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
ground cumin 1/2 tsp
ground coriander 1/4 tsp
ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
bread crumbs 100 gram
lamb/beef mince 500 grams
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / gas 4.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and all the herbs/spices.
- Add the minced lamb/beef and thoroughly mix through all dry ingredients.
- Using a kneading method for around 3 minutes will ensure the meat is smooth and all dry ingredients are evenly combined.
- Place the mixture into a loaf tin and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 1 hour 15/20 minutes.
- Turn the loaf halfway through cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Once cooked, wrap kebab meat in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the doner kebab meat as thinly as possible.
- Serve with warmed pitta bread and salad (shredded cabbage, carrot, onion, sliced cucumber), yogurt and garlic sauce. You may add some chilli sauce as well.
I hope you will like this Doner Kabab recipe.